Blood Type Diet Recipe
JILL'S SPELT PANCAKES OR WAFFLES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Spelt waffles just like Grandma used to make!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 2 cups spelt flour [or kamut flour]
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soda
- 1 Tablespoon honey [or agave]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup rice milk (you may need to use a little more or less)
- 1 egg
How to make it:
- Mix all ingredients in a glass measuring pitcher until well blended.
- If you are making pancakes, you may wish to add a little more milk to thin the batter.
- For waffles, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto heated waffle iron and cook until steam diminishes (about a minute or two).
- Remove from iron and serve with warm maple syrup or jam.
- A tiny amount of Tart Cherry Butter mixed with maple syrup is my favorite.
- Makes about 12- 4 inch pancakes or waffles.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Honey|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 14, 2007 at 11:13 PM By: Drea