A non |
B non |
O non |
Kate's Chocolate Hazelnut Torte"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Kate||From the Recipe Archives|
Simple, easy flour-less chocolate torte.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/3 cup cocoa
- + cup ghee
- + cup vegetable glycerine
- 1 cup hazelnut meal [or substitute compliant nut meal]
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease a deep 19cm square tin and line base and sides with parchment paper.
- Blend cocoa with hot water in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in ghee, vegetable glycerin, hazelnut meal and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peals form: fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Stand for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack, top side up, to cool.
- Dust with sifted cocoa or prepare a sauce to accompany.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Filbert (Haz...||1 ,2|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM By: Joe