A non |
B non |
O non |
Taco Seasoning for Ground Beef
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This recipe has been adapted, with permission, from an original recipe by robbiehaf.com for taco seasoning like Taco Bell.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Taco Seasoning - seasons 1 lb. ground meat
- 1 Tablespoon spelt flour
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (make sure no avoids)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion (make sure no avoids)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- -Combine and store above ingredients in an air-tight container.
- 1 pound ground beef
- spice mix
- 3/4 cup water or beef broth
How to make it:
To make taco meat:
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain off fat.
- Add seasoning mix and water or beef broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe is the equivalent to a 1.25 ounce packet taco seasoning.
I substituted spelt flour for regular flour, arrowroot for cornstarch, and granulated onion and granulated garlic. I omitted beef bouillon cubes because I have never found any without avoids. The seasoned meat comes out tasting like real tacos even without the bouillon cubes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 15, 2011 at 05:51 PM By: Joe