A non |
B non |
O non |
Jill's Granola or Oatmeal Cookies
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
These can easily be modified to suit all four types.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Almost 1/4 cup ghee
- Almost 1/4 cup butter or canola Soft margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the above thoroughly then add:
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or 2 teaspoons Carob Powder for B's)
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 cup walnut meal or crushed walnut meats
- 3 cups (entire box) of Health Valley Raisin Cinnamon granola (my favorite) OR 3 Cups quick oats for B's since the cereal has cinnamon in it.
Stir until well blended then add:
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk free dark chocolate chips or Raisins. You can use any dried fruit instead or in addition to the chocolate chips.
How to make it:
- Mix together the first group of ingredients (Ghee to vanilla)then add the next group of ingredients (from flour to granola or oatmeal). Stir until completely blended then add Milk free dark chocolate chips or dried fruit.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees I use a cookie scoop so they are rounded. If you like a flatter cookie, use about 1/2 cup less flour. Drop onto a cookie sheet greased with ghee or non-stick pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched with finger. Remove immediately from sheets.
- Store in tightly covered container or eat promptly, like we do!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Dec 02, 2007 at 04:25 PM By: Rodney