Blood Type Diet Recipe
JILL'S MOM'S MEATBALLS OR MEATLOAF
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
These are so easy to make with either Beef, Venison or Ground Turkey. They freeze well for a quick meal too!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 3 pounds ground sirloin, venison or ground turkey
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Shape into loaf and place in baking dish.
- You can add a little broth to the pan if you like. Bake at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls for meatballs.
- Place meatballs on cookie sheet and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350F to brown them.
- From this point, they are ready to be placed in bags to freeze or can be put in the crock pot with a small amount of broth for 3 hours (1 hour on high, 2 hours on low).
- They can also be thawed and cooked in a covered pan on the stovetop with a small amount of broth for about 30 minutes.
- We thicken the broth with a little spelt flour to make a gravy.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Venison|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Turkey|| 1 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Beef|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 29, 2007 at 07:21 PM By: Don