Blood Type Diet Recipe
BLACK BEAN-MILLET-RICE 'CHIP-CRACKER'
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Cracker or Chip for snacking, resembles a black bean tortilla chip.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced [optional]
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
How to make it:
- Saute onion, carrots, jalapeno in olive oil until barely caramelized.
- Place cooked mixture in Cuisinart.
- Add black beans, drained (slightly less than 2 cup, millet, granulated garlic, sea salt and lime juice.
- Pulse mixture in Cuisinart until ingredients are blended.
- Add sweet rice flour and pulse until everything is blended.
- Drop small teaspoonfuls of mixture onto silpat, (for ease of removal) on 2 baking sheets.
- Spread the mixture into rounds with the back of a teaspoon.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Leave oven door shut for 2 hours to allow them to crisp.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Caye...|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 07:48 PM By: Lola