Blood Type Diet Recipe
KATE'S AMARANTH WAFFLES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Waffle or pancake recipe that can be adjusted for nearly all types.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (homemade: 1 part baking soda, 2 parts cream of tartar, 2 parts arrowroot)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1+ cups milk (can substitute soy milk, rice milk, water)
How to make it:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients separately in a small bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until smooth.
- It is best to let the mix sit overnight before use, but not necessary.
- Brush oil or ghee onto the griddle plates and preheat.
- Use a ladle to pour about + cup of mix onto each side of the griddle (each waffle).
- Close waffler and let cook for about 8-9 minutes, or until the waffles stop steaming.
- Note: This recipe can also be used to make pancakes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Amaranth|| || B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| N|| N|| N|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:49 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:50 AM By: Father Tiresias