Blood Type Diet Recipe
QUINOA CHICKEN SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Quick and easy soup that has plenty of flavor and nutrition. Will satisfy at any time of the year! Serves 2. Stella's Creation
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 red onion diced
- sea salt to taste or preferred seasoning
- big bunch of parsley coarsely chopped
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1/4 cup of quinoa
- 5 cups of water
- 2 chicken drumsticks or 2 small chicken breasts [or turkey]
How to make it:
- In deep wok or saucepan, saute two onions in oil.
- Add seasoning and parsley, then add carrots.
- Cook for several minutes until carrots become soft and onions are browning, about 5 minutes.
- Next add the rest of the ingredients in the order above.
- Cover and keep on medium boil for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken and quinoa are entirely cooked.
- Open steam vent or place cover slightly off center to help steam evaporate.
- Take off heat and let cool for a bit then enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Turkey|| 2 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 14, 2007 at 02:11 PM By: Rodney