Blood Type Diet Recipe
KATE'S BEEF JERKY
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Ground beef jerky made with a simple spice mix.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 kg (2 pounds) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to make it:
- Mix spices together.
- Add to meat and mix thoroughly.
- Load meat into jerky gun and extrude onto dehydrator trays in strips.
- Dry at 155 degrees F for 1 or 2 hours, then blot with a paper towel to remove oil if necessary.
- Turn strips over and continue drying for about 2 to 3 more hours, blotting as needed.
- Strips are done when they splinter when bent, but don't quite break.
- Remove strips from dehydrator and wrap in paper towel while they cool to remove oil.
- Store in Ziploc bag in fridge for about 1 to 2 weeks. They can also be frozen.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Blac...|| 2 || A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 27, 2007 at 05:13 PM By: Drea