A non |
B non |
O non |
Blood Type Diet Recipe
AMARANTH 'TORTILLA CHIPS' OR CRACKERS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
These are fabulous with guacamole, yogurt and refried pinto beans. Sprinkle with some beneficial cilantro. Try squeezing some lime juice over the meal you eat with them to absorb more of the iron (48%!)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- water (see directions - start with 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take one cup of the flour and mix it just enough water to form a ball.
- Divide the ball into four balls.
- To roll out a ball: coat it generously in more amaranth flour.
- Roll it out as thin as possible with a rolling pin - scrape under it frequently and turn over - sprinkling with flour as you go.
- Flip it onto a cookie sheet.
- Brush lightly with olive oil. Give a tiny sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cut into desired shapes & bake for 6 minutes (may need a skosh more) until golden brown and crunchy.
- Yum! Zola.
- Enjoy with healthy abandon!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Amaranth|| || B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| N|| N|| N|
|Sea Salt|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015-2018, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved