Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Yummy wheat and dairy free pancakes adapted from the recipe on the back of Bob's Red Mill OAT flour.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 3/4 cup Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 TB sugar (optional, but helps to brown. I use 1 TB of BROWN sugar)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (I use non aluminum)
- 1/2 tsp Salf
- 2 beaten egg yolks (Optional - I use one)
- 1 TB cooking oil (OPtional - I use canola)
- 2 egg whites.
- Optional: blueberries or other fruit, seeds, nuts (adjust milk as needed)
How to make it:
- Heat milk until hot (can microwave in glass container) stir in oats and let stand 5 minutes (not much longer or it gets pasty)
- Combine dry Ingedients in a mixing bowl, then add cooled oat/milk mixture
- Add egg yolks and oil into the mixture
- Beat egg whites in glass bowl until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter
- Makes 8, 4 inch pancakes
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sugar (Brown...|| || N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 11:33 PM By: Rodney