Blood Type Diet Recipe
MELISSA'S LEMONY PICKLED EGGS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Make up a batch for quick breakfasts or high-protein snacks.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup, or a bit less, coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried dill
How to make it:
- Amount of liquid may need to be adjusted by how much liquid the container can hold.
- Mix in a separate container so you can leave behind any extra salt sediment as you pour over the eggs.
- You can adjust the seasonings to taste, decrease if you plan to keep the eggs longer than a few days as the flavors get stronger.
- Best if eaten after 24+ hours, but before 1 week.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
| A|| N|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 09:10 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 11:58 PM By: Don