A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Easy to make alternative to wheat bread; time consuming but very tasty.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 kilogram rye flour
- 20 grams fresh yeast
- 800 milliliters tepid water
- 20 grams sea salt
How to make it:
- Dissolve the yeast in a little of the tepid water.
- Mix the salt with the rye flour, then make a well and mix in the dissolved yeast.
- Make a well in the rye flour and add the dissolved yeast and the remainder of the tepid water into this.
- Knead together for about 20 minutes until smooth then leave to rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Knead the dough lightly then make a round loaf and leave it to rise with the folded side rather than the smooth side facing up.
- After 30 minutes flatten the dough once more then turn it and leave it to rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place a small container of water in the bottom of your oven and bake the loaf for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 180 degrees C and bake for 10 more minutes.
- When ready the bread will make a dry hollow sound as you tap it with your knuckles.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 23, 2007 at 03:32 PM By: Drea