A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Italian style pie - made with B beneficial orange peel and almonds named by my O daughter.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 250 g / 9 oz white fine spelt flour
- 125 /10 tablespoons spoons butter or ghee
- a bit of sea salt
- 50 grams / 2 oz sugar or other BTD compliant sweetener
- 2 egg yolks
- a bit of water
- 250 g / 9 oz ricotta
- 250 g /9 oz mascarpone
- 125 /4-5 oz sugar or other BTD compliant sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 handfuls of dry cranberries
- 100 gram about 4 oz dark chocolate 70 % cut in small pieces.
How to make it:
- Mix the pie shell ingredients in a food processor.
- Let it get cold.
- Roll and pre-bake in oven for 15 min at 200 c/ 400
- Mix filling, except chocolate and cranberries.
- Divide those on pie and pour egg and cheese mixture over.
- If any pie trimmings are left you can make a nice plait on top (you know a cross one way and then the other-kind of like a plait, I don't know the proper English).
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 175 c / 325 F.
- Tastes best luke warm or just cold, not refrigerator cold.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 08:33 PM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 05:39 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 11:34 AM By: Don