Blood Type Diet Recipe
WHEAT-FREE SUGAR-FREE APPLE COOKIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
These delicious cookies contain no wheat or sugar - my kids love them
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 1/2 cups NON WHEAT FLOUR - experiment with Oat, Barley or Rice flours.
- 3 cups rolled OATS or (1 1/2 cup rolled OATS and 1 1/2 cup BARLEY FLAKES)
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 3 APPLES finely chopped (add 1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped BLUEBERRIES)
- 1/2 cup BUTTER or MARGERINE softened
- 2 EGGS beaten
- 2/3 cup plain YOGURT
How to make it:
- In medium bowl blend together all dry Ingedients. Stir. In a lareg bowl of a electric mixer (if you have one, if not, hand mixing is fine) blend softened butter, eggs, and yogurt for 2 minutes or until smooth and a little fluffy. Gradually add dry Ingedients and mix well. Stir in fruit. Spoon onto cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven - or until browned on edges. Leave on cookie sheat until cool and transfer to a flat surface. These are very moist cookies and freeze well. Try adding a little crushed pineapple in the place of one the apples, or some nuts for a crunchier texture. Expirment with baking times for your oven and different fruits you may like. These are really great treats.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Oat Flour|| 1 ,2 || B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|
|Barley|| 1 ,2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: