Blood Type Diet Recipe
GLUTEN FREE MACADAMIA PIE CRUST
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Submitted by: Crystal Elizabeth Teed, 'Tastes just like a traditional pie crust without the gluten. Celiac friendly! Use in recipes that call for a graham cracker crust or shortbread crust. Perfect for any tropical pies.' Original recipe yield: 1-9 inch pie crust.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 6 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups soy flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the macadamia nuts into the container of a food processor, and blend until they reach a peanut butter like consistency.
- Scrape out into a bowl, and stir in the eggs and soy flour until well blended.
- Place the dough between two pieces of waxed paper, and roll out into about a 12 inch circle.
- Remove the top piece of waxed paper, and invert the dough into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides. Remove any overhanging dough.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light golden brown.
- Use in any recipe calling for a prebaked pie crust.
Remember to substitute compliant nuts and flours to this recipe.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Egg (chicken)|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Macadamia|| 1 ,2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: