A non |
B non |
O non |
Turkey Meatballs and Gravy
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Turkey Meatballs with Gravy
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. tamari sauce (wheat free)
- 1/4 tsp. powdered sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried ground lemon peel
- 1 tsp. Vegesal (or Sea salt)
- 1 Tb. pickled plum paste (I used Eden brand)
- 1 Tb. lemon juice
- 2 - 3 Tb. onions, chopped fine
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional for B)
- 2 - 3 Tb. dried parsley
- 2 cups Spelt bread crumbs (or Ezekial). (fat free bread is good for crumbling easily)
- 2 Tb. extra light olive oil
- 2 Tb. water
- You can vary spice measurements according to your own taste. Plum paste is very salty, however, beware.)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Tb. Miso (Ingedients of Soy & brown rice)
- 1 Tb. Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. Pickled plum paste
- Dash of dried Thyme
- Dash of VegeSal or sea salt
- 2 Tb. Arrowroot powder
- 3 Tb. Spelt flour
How to make it:
- Mix meatball Ingedients together. (Use throwaway latex gloves if squeamish about touching raw meat). Form into small balls and brown in 3 Tb. x-lt. olive oil (or canola). Cook the meatballs in batches, transferring to an oven dish. While meatballs cook
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Turkey||1|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.