A non |
B non |
O non |
Zucchini/ Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This zucchini pumpkin cake is delicious with a scoop of lemon sherbet.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Serves 4
- 3 cups of spelt flour [or rice]
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups raw brown sugar [or 1 cup agave]
- 1 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 1/2 lemon, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts,chopped
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sea salt and spices, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, eggs and oil until light. Add the vanilla and lemon zest,
- followed by the dry ingredients, beating thoroughly to combine.
- Add the zucchini and pumpkin and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 13 by 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake the cake 35-40 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top and springy to the touch in the center.
- Dust the top of the cake with confectioner's sugar or what ever your preference and serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Nutmeg||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
|Vanilla|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Cinnamon||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 09:49 PM By: Rodney