A non |
B non |
O non |
Tempe Mendoan (Fried Tempeh with Batter and Chives)"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This food can be eaten as snack or with rice. It's good to eat while hot. When it's become cold, do not re-fry. Just put it in the oven for 3 minutes
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup spelt flour [or BTD compliant flour]
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped (dry will work)
- 1 package tempeh, any flavor
How to make it:
- Ground coriander, sea salt, and garlic to form a paste.
- Mix the paste with water.
- Add the flours, and enough water to make a batter.
- Add chives.
- Slice tempeh thinly.
- Preheat oil in a wok or deep frying pan (this needs quite a lot of oil).
- Wait until the oil is hot enough.
- Dip sliced tempeh into the batter and fry for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Do not let the batter turn brown or become dry.
- Drain the fried tempeh and eat while hot.
- Best eaten with sweet soy sauce and jalapeno slices sauce and hot rice.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Kamut||1 ,3 ,5|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Spelt Flour/...||1 ,3 ,5|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 08, 2007 at 05:20 PM By: Drea