Blood Type Diet Recipe
MUNG BEAN PORRIDGE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A change for breakfast - nutritious beans or grains of your choice with a delicately flavored sauce. Ingredients can be adjusted to your type. Can be made in advance.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup mung beans (add other grains or pulse, if desired)
- 2 to 3 cups water
- tea of raspberry & hibiscus, lemongrass, or similar.
- 1/2 inch finely sliced ginger root.
- Honey or agave, to taste.
How to make it:
- Wash beans, bring to the boil, discard water and bring to the boil again.
- Simmer until skins are broken and beans are soft; 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the tea strong, and steep with the ginger. Sweeten to taste.
- Drain the beans, serve and spoon some of the tea over.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 05:36 AM By: Drea