Blood Type Diet Recipe
MANGO, STRAWBERRY AND BABY SPINACH SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Makes 1-2 portionsCombination of flavours works really well.Great for taking to work for lunch!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 small mango or 1/2 large mango [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 small red onion
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 5 strawberries [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 ounces pine nuts [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
How to make it:
- Toast the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes in a dry frying pan. Meanwhile peel and slice the mango.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Peel and dice the red onion.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together then sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pine Nut (Pi...|| 2 ,3 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| N|
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM By: Lola