Blood Type Diet Recipe
MOROCCAN LAMB SAUSAGE PATTIES FROM FOOD NETWORK
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Flavorful lamb sausage recipe easily adapted for all except for Type A secretors.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Optional Yogurt Sauce (omit for Type O's):
- 1 cup plain yogurt (regular or nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (omit except for Type B's)
- 1 Tablespoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (B's and AB's can omit substitute w 1/8 teaspoon ground clove)
- Ground black pepper (A's and AB's omit)
How to make it:
- To prepare yogurt sauce (omit for Type O's): In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cilantro, and cumin.
- Set aside.
- To prepare sausage patties, put meat in a large bowl and add all blood type appropriate ingredients.
- Mix with your hands until well blended.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties.
- Cook patties on a barbecue (or in a nonstick frying pan or well-oiled skillet) until seared on the outside and cooked through inside, about 8 minutes total.
- Instant thermometer internal temperature reading of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve drizzled with optional yogurt sauce.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Yogurt|| 2 || N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 01, 2011 at 09:26 PM By: Joe