Blood Type Diet Recipe
LENTIL AND SOY BEAN SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A hearty meal that has a subtle sweetness to it.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 can of cooked lentils or pre-cook cup of any of the lentil types
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can of cooked soy beans including the jelly, (or cook your own, but this is very tedious)
- dash of soy sauce (such as Bragg aminos all purpose)
- sea salt to taste
- water or chicken stock
- Vegetarians and AB's can cook this soup in water and those As who like chicken broth can use that for the liquid.
How to make it:
- Glaze the onions in a spoonful of olive oil before adding the vegetables.
- Stir for a few minutes, then add the lentils, soy beans and seasonings.
- Simmer for a while, taste test, skim any unsightly froth away, and serve with 100% rye bread or your choice of favorite acceptable bread.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 01:37 PM By: Rodney