Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Diary-free and gluten-free Dessert, if using quinoa flour.If you choose spelt, it is simply wheat free but not gluten free.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (or ghee)
- 6 Tablespoons carob powder
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup agave nectar)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup spelt or quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla [optional]
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, butter, egg whites salt, and vanilla together.
- Add the carob powder.
- Mix in the flour and then the walnuts.
- Put the mixture into a non-stick 8' x 8' pan (or use nonstick spray).
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Vanilla|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 11:24 PM By: Lola