Blood Type Diet Recipe
VENISON SALISBURY STEAK
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
I adapted this from a Betty Crocker cookbook.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 lb Ground Venison (Deer, Elk, Antelope, etc)
- 2-3 RyeVita Crackers, ground to crumbs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can of condensed beef broth (or 2TBS Braggs Aminos in 1 1/2 cup water)
- 1 4 oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-2 tsp of xanthan gum (as a cornstach substitute)
- 1-2 TBS Olive oil (Optional)(OR use a non-stick skillet)
How to make it:
- Mix venison, RyeVita crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Shape into 4 oval patties. Cook patties in 10 inch skillet over medium heat, turning occaionally,until brown, about 10 minutes. Add onion, brothe and mushrooms. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simer until meat is done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove patties; keep warm. HEat onion mixture to boiling. Carefully sprinkle xanthan gum in mixture and stir with wire whisk until thickened. Serve over patties.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Venison|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: