Blood Type Diet Recipe
NO TOMATO TOMATO SAUCE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Quick and easy to make and you won't believe it's not really tomatoes! You can use this for spaghetti sauce, chili base or pizza sauce or whatever sauce!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 2 1/2 cups steamed carrots
- 1/3 cup steamed beets
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon Basil (leave out for Chili)
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked onions (I use dried flakes but not this much)
- 1 clove minced garlic
How to make it:
- Steam carrots and beets until tender.
- Brown onion & garlic together.
- Measure all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cooked ground meat or meatballs for spaghetti sauce. Or use as is for pizza sauce.
- Omit basil for chili and use as you would normally.
- It freezes nicely in a canning jar. Remember to allow about an inch at the top and tighten jar lid after sauce freezes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Basil|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 08, 2007 at 08:18 PM By: Rodney