Blood Type Diet Recipe
CURRIED LENTIL SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
this is an amazing soup!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium carrots diced
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple diced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root peeled & grated
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups lentils raw
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
How to make it:
- In a 5 quart dutch oven or sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and apple and cook, stirring occasionally 10 - 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry, cumin and coriander and cook, stirring often.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils and 5 cups of water; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45-55 minutes until lentils are tender stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and salt.
- Makes about 10 cups.
- I used extra garlic (3 large cloves) and ginger (2 Tablespoons)and I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth also, I used 1 cup red lentils and 1 cup green lentils
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 01:18 PM By: Rodney