A non |
B non |
O non |
Curried Lentil Soup"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
this is an amazing soup!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium carrots diced
- 2 large celery stalks diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple diced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root peeled & grated
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups lentils raw
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
How to make it:
- In a 5 quart dutch oven or sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and apple and cook, stirring occasionally 10 - 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, curry, cumin and coriander and cook, stirring often.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils and 5 cups of water; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45-55 minutes until lentils are tender stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and salt.
- Makes about 10 cups.
- I used extra garlic (3 large cloves) and ginger (2 Tablespoons)and I used chicken broth instead of vegetable broth also, I used 1 cup red lentils and 1 cup green lentils
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Apple/Apple ...||1 ,2 ,3|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 01:18 PM By: Rodney