Blood Type Diet Recipe
FAVA BEAN AND CHICORY SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A very elegant slightly bitter tasting soup coming from southern Italy. May be an appetizer or an entree, it depends on quantity
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1 small onion, cubed or thinly sliced
- 2 cups of dry fava beans halved and without skin (I find them always ready to use)
- broth or broth substitute
- 4 large cups of chicory greens (endive or radicchio can be a substitution)
- extra virgin olive oil
- carrots, optional
- celery, optional
- tamari, optional
- Parmesan or Romano cheese, optional
How to make it:
- Put in a deep pan the vegetables, the broth (or water plus broth substitute) and the beans so that the beans are covered by least two inch of broth.
- Cook at low heat for 45-50 minutes watching the liquid.
- After 30 minutes add the chicory greens washed and cut in small pieces.
- It may be drizzled with a little tamari or Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Serves three as a main dish with compliant bread, rice crackers or focaccia or five as an entree.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Parmesan Cheese|| 2 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:13 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 18, 2007 at 11:19 AM By: Don