Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Eden Foods has many recipes posted on their web site (Eden Foods, Inc. 701 Tecumseh Road, Clinton, Michigan, 49236; www.edenfoods.com), and many recipes for sea vegetables. This is one of them. I substituted wheat-free tamari sauce for shoyu. Serves 6. Prep Time: 0:20. Cook Time: 0:35. Nutritional Info: Per serving 53 Calories, 2g Fat (40% calories from fat), 1g Protein, 7g Carbohydrate, 0mg Cholesterol, 281mg Sodium
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, matchsticks
- 1-1/2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Eden Hiziki, about 1/4 package, soaked 20 minutes in cold water to cover
- 1 Tablespoon Eden Toasted Sesame Oil [or other compliant oil]
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons wheat free tamari sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated, squeeze out juice and discard pulp
How to make it:
- Remove hiziki from soaking water, discard water and chop hiziki.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet and saute onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water, hiziki and carrots.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.Add tamari, cover and cook another 5 minutes. Remove cover, turn flame to high, cook off remaining liquid.
- Add ginger juice, mix and serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sesame Oil|| 2 ,3 || N|| B|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 23, 2010 at 10:14 PM By: Joe