Blood Type Diet Recipe
PEANUT BUTTER PANCAKES (A.K.A. MUFFINS)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Suzanne Graham||From the Recipe Archives|
Original muffin recipe from 'Feasting Naturally' by M.A. Pickard. Adjusted by Suzanne Graham. Oat, spelt or other beneficial/neutral flours may be substituted.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup kamut flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder [baking powder Recipes]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/3 cup soy milk [or other BTD compliant milks]
- 1 cup honey [or agave]
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
How to make it:
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine moist ingredients.
- Mix together at medium speed.
- For muffins: fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For pancakes: Thin batter with a little more soy milk and cook on a grill.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Honey|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 07, 2007 at 11:56 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 09, 2007 at 09:23 PM By: Don