A non |
B non |
O non |
Mom D's Pumpkin Pie
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Makes two 8 inch pies
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 2 spelt pie crusts
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Rice Dream milk (I use Vanilla because that's what we buy)
- 3 cups pumpkin
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine spices and sugar in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with a fork until blended.
- Add Rice Milk to eggs and mix well.
- Pour into sugar and spices, and blend.
- Blend in pumpkin until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake about 40 more minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Gently remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until you can't wait any longer.
- Happy Thanksgiving!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Allspice||2|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Cinnamon||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 11:44 AM By: Drea