A non |
B non |
O non |
Cumin Sweet Potatoes"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A favorite Indian potato recipe substituting sweet potatoes for white. A secretors may want to use the original version.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1.5 - 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1' cubes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (or 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
How to make it:
- Steam sweet potatoes until tender.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok over med-high heat.
- Add cumin seeds and cook 30 seconds (they should sizzle). Add sweet potatoes, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt, and ground paprika.
- Cook, stirring carefully until golden, about 10 minutes. Add mango powder and cilantro.
- Cook stirring, another 5-7 minutes.
Recipe works best in nonstick wok. Serves 4-6.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mango/Mango ...||1 ,2|| A|| N|| A|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 20, 2007 at 09:27 PM By: Lola