A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A great dish to serve at Thanksgiving or any time of the year.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 3 med acorn or Butternut Squash
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 med Onions, chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 lb Mushrooms, sliced (use BTD compliant type of mushrooms)
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram, dried
- 1/4 tsp Basil, ground
- 1/4 tsp Savory, ground
- 1/4 tsp Thyme, ground
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 4 cup Wild Rice blend, cooked (Type B avoid, substitute plain rice)
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- 1/2 cup Pecans,toasted & chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make it:
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place squash cut side down on oiled baking pan.
- Add water so that it is 1/2' up the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until soft when pierced with a fork.
- Saute onion and celery in oil.
- Add mushrooms, herbs and stock.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add rice, tamari, and mix together well.
- Remove from heat, add nuts and juice.
- Pack into squash halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Optional: Crumbled tofu (12 oz.) can be soaked in the tamari and added with the rice.
- Additional nuts can be added to the mixture (1/2 cup).
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mushroom (Do...||2 ,3|| B|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 08:39 PM By: Don