Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
No-grain, no-sugar brownies that are moist and fluffy. A very good substitute for regular brownies (my friends and family love them).
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup sweet potato flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or ghee
- 1 cup vegetable glycerin
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 teaspoon almond extract [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa, and baking soda until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and vegetable glycerine until pale yellow.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure that each is thoroughly incorporated before adding the next.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Do not beat.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into 9x9 inch baking pan, spreading if necessary into corners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost dry.
- Set pan on wire rack to cool.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Almond Extract|| 1 ,2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: