Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A no-grain, no-sugar cookie recipe usable by all! Includes directions to make a chocolate version.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup melted butter or ghee
- 1 cup vegetable glycerin [or agave]
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Mix almond meal, baking soda, and salt together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix butter, vegetable glycerin, and egg together in another, smaller bowl.
- Blend wet ingredients with dry and stir until combined (do not over stir).
- Spoon onto greased baking sheet and flatten a bit with fork.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
To make the chocolate version, add an additional 1 cup unsweetened cocoa and 1 cup of vegetable glycerin.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chocolate/ C...|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 09:37 PM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 11:31 AM By: Drea