A non |
B non |
O non |
Creamed Swiss Chard"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A new take on Creamed Spinach, this is a delicious vegetable side dish -though not a very pretty one. Makes 4 servings, adopted from GoVeg.com
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, preferably unsalted
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch (about 1 1/2 lbs.) green Swiss chard, rinsed with ribs removed and leaves roughly chopped
How to make it:
- In a large sautT pan, melt the margarine over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent·about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the nondairy creamer or soy milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, then raise the heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is reduced by half·about 2 minutes.
- Add the chard, stir, and cook until tender·around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Nutmeg||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 07:14 PM By: Rodney