Blood Type Diet Recipe
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This recipe was adapted from a strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Fresh spinach greens
- Sliced strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion (I used Maui)
- 1/2 teaspoons wheat free tamari
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- Sliced almonds or sesame seeds, as desired
How to make it:
- Place a bed of spinach greens in your salad bowl.
- Slice a few strawberries on top.
- Toss with 1-2 teaspoons of the dressing.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Also, you can add a few toasted almond slices to the salad or sprinkle a few roasted sesame seeds on top.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Canola Oil|| 2 ,3 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jul 08, 2011 at 12:23 AM By: Joe