Blood Type Diet Recipe
HIPSTER HIPPIE RISOTTO
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Risotto: a rice,vegetable and herb dish is mystical and delicious. The movie, Big Night, touches on how gourmets will guard their risotto recipes like they guard their souls. I have two of three that I've created for my cookbook manuscript, but still I'd like to share here what my favorite Ingedients and Procedures are with the blood type diet community.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice-anykind,but medium-grain basmati is an excellent choice
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt- you need this to get the rice gummy or creamy
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound of frozen or fresh mustard greens
- 1/2 to 1 small of medium onion
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of soft or hard grated cheese-parmasan is a good one
- 1tsp to 1 tblsp of Sylvia's Soul Seasoning- crush by hand or pestle
- OLIVE,CANOLA OIL OR BUTTER
- MEAT STRIPS CUT FOR STIR FRY OR SLIVERED ALMONDS OR TOFU PROTEIN
- OTHER KINDS OF GREENS OR FRESH PARSLEY
- FLAT BREADS FOR BURRITO OR SANDWICH ROLL-UPS
How to make it:
- Cook rice in pressure cooker 40-50 minutes,don't forget to use salt Sautee onions, mushrooms, meats etc. Simmer Greens and herbs in sautee for 20-30 minutes, add delicate herbs toward the end Combine together, always add cheese last
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: