A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Fresh tomatoes are at the Farmer's Market and green beans are fresh - both are inexpensive and delicious right now. Chicken was on sale - so I made Chicken Cacciatore.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 3 half chicken breasts, or 6 chicken thighs, or 1 whole chicken cut up (or your favorite pieces)
- Note: While the chicken is browning, I season it with a seasoning I made up. Here is the recipe:
- My version:
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp - 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
How to make it:
- Brown chicken pieces, but do not cook. (I flour my chicken pieces with spelt flour and fry in olive oil).
- Do not cook the chicken, just brown it. Then place it in the crock pot.
- In the fry pan you just used (add more olive oil if necessary - olive oil adds a nice flavor to this dish later), add 1 chopped large onion and start to sautee it lightly
- Add 2 cloves chopped garlic and continue to sautee
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley and continue to saute
- Add 2T fresh Greek oregano (if you have it in the yard) or 2 tsp. dry oregano
- Add 2 T fresh basil (if you have it in the yard) or 2 tsp. dry sweet basil
- Add 1 tsp. garlic salt
- Add 1/2 tsp. roasted chicory root (optional) (I use this in place of pepper)
- Add two 6-ounce cans of tomato paste Add 4 fresh juicy chopped tomatoes (or 1 15-ounce stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce)
- Add 1 tsp. sugar (optional) Stir this mixture lightly
- Do not saute this mixture too hard - just a few minutes to get the ingredients blended).
- Pour this tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Add 1/4 pound fresh green beans to the sauce (optional)and lightly stir (I've even added some zucchini sometimes).
- Cook in the slow cooker 4-6 hours - until chicken is cooked.
- Note: This tastes exquisite if allowed to cool and refrigerate over night - then warmed up the next day.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Garlic||1 ,2|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Chicken||2|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Tomato/Tomat...||1 ,2 ,3 ,4|| A|| N|| N|| B|| A|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 08:48 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised By:
- Revised By:
- Revised By:
- Revised By: