A non |
B non |
O non |
Raspberry or Strawberry Ice or Sorbet
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Type O Secretor Raspberry/Strawberry Ice or Sorbet
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 12 ounces raspberries, washed, drained and pureed (I'm guessing about 3-4 cups).
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups of sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
How to make it:
- You can press the berries through a strainer. I didn't because I didn't mind the seeds.
- Make ahead of time a simple syrup.
- Add the water to the pan - then the sugar. Stir over medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Cover pan with a lid and boil gently for 5 minutes. Do not stir to avoid crystals. Set the pan of syrup aside until it cools.
- Add enough of the syrup to the berry puree to satisfy your taste.
- I did not use all of my syrup.
- The remainder can be used for lemonade or another use. You can also make a more dilute solution of syrup if you like.
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Freeze mixture.
- If you like, you can process in an ice cream freezer.
- My sorbet was delicious!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 23, 2011 at 00:14 AM By: Joe