A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
My version of ghee that spreads easily.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- Start with Father Tiresias™Adamo™s instructions for making ghee.
- You can find them at this link, or put the word ghee in the search engine at the bottom of his column. http://www.dadamo.com/ask/ask2.pl?20033602.txt
- Strain the ghee into a container with a cover.
- I have a porcelain covered metal bowl with a plastic lid; I™m sure Tupperware or Glad Ware would also work.
- strain with a metal strainer.
- A coffee filter or cheese cloth might even be better. Straining removes the blackened salt and milk solids. Stir in 1/4 cup light olive oil for every stick of butter you used for the ghee.
- If you used 1 lb of butter you would use 1 cup of light olive oil. I use 3 sticks of butter, so I use 3/4 cup of light olive oil. Light olive oil does not distract from the buttery flavor of the ghee. Extra virgin olive oil has a strong flavor that over powers the butter.
- Refrigerate the buttery spread and use it exactly as you would soft spread margarine.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 03:53 PM By: Rodney