A non |
B non |
O non |
Pumpkin Seed Patties
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Delicious alternative vegetarian patty
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 2 cups raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw organic sunflower seeds (O avoid, use all pumpkin seeds instead)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic unbleached spelt flour
- 1 small organic red onion, chopped very fine
- 4 large cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 large organic carrot,
- grated very fine sea salt to taste
- *herbs and spices to taste
- (*These are my favorite combinations:
- -Tamari sauce and fresh grated organic ginger
- -Curry powder
- -1 cup organic raisins and 2 tablespoons raw honey instead of onion and garlic for a sweet patty)
How to make it:
- Soak seeds for 24 hours in water to cover seeds by 2'.
- Rinse well.
- Grind in food processor until medium fine.
- Mix together remaining ingredients in separate bowl, then add to seed meal.
- Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- On oiled baking sheet (olive oil), form patties using 1/3 cup mix per patty (mix is wet, don't worry, it will Father Tiresias during cooking).
- 6 to 8 per sheet depending on thickness of patty.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
Use this patty with breakfast instead of traditional sausage patty, use on sandwiches, use chopped in stir-fry for dinner.
- Experiment with other seasonings and vegetables.
- I freeze the patties for easy individual use.
- Take one out, let it thaw, and pop in the toaster for use in sandwiches.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sunflower Se...||1 ,2|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 22, 2011 at 09:02 PM By: Joe