Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Easy as pie cookies but watch out, they can be addictive!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 roll Odense Almond Paste
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar [or 1/2 amount agave]
- egg whites from 2 large eggs slightly beaten(scant 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
How to make it:
- Break almond paste into small pieces and place into mixing bowl with the sugar.
- Mix together with fingers or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Add half of the egg whites and mix with electric mixer until a paste begins to form.
- Add remaining egg whites and continue mixing until a smooth stiff paste is formed.
- Spoon mixture into walnut-size balls, rolling lightly between palms until smooth.
- Optional: Press top of cookie into the chopped almonds. Place on greased or non-stick cookie sheet, leaving room for cookies to double in size.
- Bake at 325 degrees approximately 15-20 minutes until light golden in color. Cookies will be lightly cracked on top.
this recipe adapted from the Odense Almond Paste company.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 10, 2007 at 08:55 AM By: Rodney