A non |
B non |
O non |
African Pineapple Peanut Stew
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Adapted from Moosewood Cooks At Home.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale or swiss chard (4-5 cups)
- 2 cups undrained canned,crushed pineapple(20-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt to taste
- crushed skinless peanuts
- chopped scallions
How to make it:
- Sautee onions and garlic in oil for about 10 minutes stirring frequently until lightly browned.
- While onions are cooking wash kale, discard large stems, stack leaves on cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1 inch thick slices.
- Add pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the kale or chard, cover, and simmer about 5 minutes, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, soy sauce, and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- Serve over your favorite grain and top with crushed peanuts and chopped scallions.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 09:32 PM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 23, 2011 at 08:06 PM By: C#