Blood Type Diet Recipe
LAMB STEW OVER SWEET POTATOES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Easy and good - adapted from The Allergy Self-Help Cookbook by Marjorie Hurt Jones, R.N.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 pound extra-lean ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5-6 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3-4 celery ribs, cut into 1' pieces
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1' pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
How to make it:
- On a sheet of waxed paper, pat the lamb into a large flat square, about 1/2' thick.
- Cut into 1' cubes, and brown in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, parsnips, rosemary, and water to barely cover the vegetables.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, place about 1-1/2 cups of the vegetables into a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth, and stir back into the stew.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Steam the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Mash slightly, and top with the stew.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: