A non |
B non |
O non |
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon Garlic Butter and Toasted Pine Nuts
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
has a different texture as well.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 pound broccoli florets - from a 1 1/4 pound bunch (save the broccoli stems for soup)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts toasted (see Tip)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 500 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast, turning once, for 12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the lemon zest and heat, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Let cool slightly and stir in the lemon juice.
- Place the broccoli in a serving bowl, pour the lemon butter over it and toss to coat.
- Scatter the toasted pine nuts over the top.
- Tip: To toast pine nuts, place them in a small, dry skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from the skillet and let cool.
- from Reasons to Roast by Georgia Chan Downard and Evie Righter
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Lemon/Lemon ...||2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised May 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM By: Joe