A non |
B non |
O non |
Spelt Flour Cupcakes
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Basic simple cupcakes for all occasions. Makes 12 cupcakes or 1 - 9x9 inch cake.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1/2 cup honey (this makes just a bit sweet, add 1 cup for sweeter) [sugar for Type AB secretor and molasses for Type AB non-secretor]
- 1/2 cup canola oil [olive or almond oil for Type Bs]
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder [get corn starch free powder for all but Type A secretors]
- 1/2 cup rice milk
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey and oil.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- For cake, bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jun 5, 2011 @ 12:43 by: Joe