Blood Type Diet Recipe
BANANA CARROT CAKE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Nice moist cake. Gluten free.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1/4 pound butter, chopped [or ghee]
- 1 cup sugar [or brown sugar, maple sugar, agave syrup]
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice [B and AB substitute nutmeg]
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum [Best to omit; see Note below]
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder [Baking Powder Recipe Variations]
[Note: Xanthan gum is not listed in Typebase, but is assumed to be a universal avoid, like other vegetable gums tested so far.]
How to make it:
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
- Add egg beat until combined.
- Add carrot and banana.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and nuts, stirring until combined.
- Spread into prepared 8 inch pan or ring pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven 180 degrees Celsius [350 degrees Fahrenheit] for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Melt butter and work into the rest of the ingredients.
- Put into a large microwave ring pan and cook for about 6-1/2 minutes in a 900 Watt microwave oven.
- Leave in pan as above.
- Turn out and ice when cold.
- I use a plain butter icing, or you can sprinkle it with sugar.
- It is delicious.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Allspice|| 1 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Nutmeg|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: