Tofu With Miso and Greens"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 package firm tofu, pressed for 30 minutes and drained
- spinach or kale or other greens-enough for 4 servings
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 3 Tablespoons miso (I like to use brown miso)
- one package thin rice noodles
How to make it:
- Cut into slices, thickness your preference (I usually do about 1/4' thick).
- Pan fry in 2 tsp. olive oil for ~4 minutes per side.
- When done, place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Greens and Garlic:
- While tofu is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in sauce pan.
- Add garlic and spinach (kale).
- Partially covered over med. low heat, steam until done and then drain (spinach takes about 8 minutes).
- Stir occasionally as it's steaming.
- While tofu and greens are cooking, in large bowl, pour boiling or almost boiling water over noodles.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes (or to taste).
- If using thick, linguini style rice noodles may take longer-test for doneness).
- Drain, and run cold water over noodles for about 30 seconds while in strainer.
- Mix miso and rice wine together until smooth.
- Using same pan in which you fried tofu, heat this mixture for about 30 seconds, then pour over top of meal.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Tofu (Soy Ca...||1 ,2 ,3|| B|| N|| B|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Nov 29, 2011 at 09:25 PM By: Joe