Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Easy & healthy oatmeal cookie-type bar
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 3 jumbo egg whites
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 2-1/2 cups white spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (rolled or quick)
- 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips, Sundrops (healthy M&Ms), chopped dried apricots, etc.
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine sugar and brown sugar.
- In glass measuring cup or smaller bowl combine olive oil, egg whites and water, and add this to the sugar.
- In a third bowl, combine spelt flour, baking powder, soda and salt, and add to the sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins (or whatever you choose to add).
- Lightly grease the sides of a 9x13 metal pan with olive oil.
- Line with parchment paper for best results in removing bars (grease bottom of pan if not using parchment paper).
- Pat in the dough evenly and bake for 30-38 minutes until brown (ovens vary so experiment with the time).
- Glass pans retain more heat so reduce oven temp. and shorten cooking time, if using.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chocolate/ Cocoa|| 4 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 01, 2011 at 11:13 PM By: Joe